Regardless of whether you wish to send a single package to a family member or establish a long-term relationship with a versatile parcel delivery firm, the onus is on you to ensure that you’re partnering with a dependable, expeditious service provider (as opposed to a meddling middleman).
So if you happen to be in the midst of vetting the local Middlesex courier services, for instance, feel free to use this brief article as a beginner’s checklist to help you hire the best one.
Step One: Make Sure That Your Courier Is Safe and Authorised
Upon visiting the courier’s website, three things should jump off of the page:
- PCI DSS Validated: This security metric ensures that your personal and sensitive financial information is protected against malicious actors.
- SSL Encryption: The small green padlock next to the URL will guarantee that the site in question is not susceptible to hackers or malware.
- Trusted Shops Seal: When working with any type of online merchant, you’ll have to ensure the presence of the “e trusted shops” badge on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. This confirms that your courier offers a money-back guarantee as well as a secure browsing experience.
Step Two: Look for a Comprehensive Quote Portal
The most reputable courier services pride themselves on being able to provide suitable deliveries based on your specific needs so be on the lookout for an enquiry platform replete with the following inputs:
- Originating location
- Final destination
- Quantity of items
- Total weight
- Length, width, and height
- Estimated parcel value
- Unlimited number of packages
Step Three: Ensure a Wide Range of Delivery Options
The best-rated courier services tend to feature extensive relationships with renowned delivery providers, which allows them to offer the following options:
- Inclusive tracking service
- Same-day or next-day delivery
- Local, national, and international options
- Cost-effective two-day services
- Vast array of collection points
- Online label printing platform
- Available signature upon delivery service