Tradesmen often think that they don’t need any insurance for their type of work. Because of their long years of experience, they feel that they already know what they’re doing and won’t have to worry about any accidents. But sometimes, even though how much you try to work safely, accidents can happen. These are unexpected circumstances that we can’t control. The worst is that, the third party will file a claim for compensation.
Every Tradesman needs a Public Liability Insurance (PLI). This will deal with any compensation claims. Your business is not just protected from the damage that a compensation claim may cause, you can also have your tools and equipment insured. When you have PLI explained by your insurer, you would understand that a public liability insurance also means that you have access to a specialist who understands and knows how to handle compensation claims.
Who is Covered by the Public Liability Insurance?
As long as you are in the construction business, you are covered by the PLI. traders like builders, carpenters, plasterers, plumbers, and roofers, as well as the more specialized trades like the tradesmen who work on historic buildings, and glaziers who specializes in stained glass windows.
What is Covered by the Public Liability Insurance?
- The PLI for tradesmen covers you against compensation claims made by the third party who believes that you are the one who caused them injury, or maybe a damage to their property happened because of your business activities.
- This also comes with Products Liability Insurance to cover you for claims about a defect in the product that you sold or supplied, which resulted in an injury, or a damage to the property.
- The PLI also comes with Financial Loss Cover extension. This will protect you from any claims for economic losses that a third party has incurred because of what you have done. A good example is hiring a landscape artist for redoing their garden because of the damage by your business activities.
- Legal Expenses are also covered by your PLI. Never let a lawsuit ruin your business. This will protect your business on legal matters that you might need to face like employment disputes, tax investigations, VAT appeals, defense and prosecution’s, property disputes as well as health and safety matters.
Why Choose Tradesman Saver?
- Quick Processing. With Tradesman Saver, you can have your Public Liability Insurance set up in just 5 minutes. You get immediate cover as long as you have your documents ready.
- Safe and Secured Payments. Here you can make debit or credit card payments without worrying about the security of your bank account.
- Expert Advice. If you need help, you will be able to talk to one of Tradesman experts, not a call center agent.
- Peace of Mind. Tradesman Saver has been in this business for over 30 years. Choose them and you are sure that your business, your equipment, and of course you, are going to be protected.
With Tradesman Saver, whatever your profession is, as long as you interact with the public or work in public places, you will get the best insurance policy that you will need. In as low as £53, you are going to receive the security and protection that you need.